Journey to SXSW – Part 1: Parker, AZ
We plan on arriving in Austin, TX for SXSW on March 10. Here’s how we’re getting there . . .
CASTLE ROCK SHORES (Elevation 400’)
It took us under an hour to get from Crazy Horse Campground in Lake Havasu City to Castle Rock Shores.
A few years ago we had stopped here to check the place out. We liked its location on the Colorado River so we camped there for two nights (February 27 & 28).
- The road into the campground was full of potholes. It was like driving on the surface of the moon. On this basis alone I’d be hesitant to come back.
- Also, our first impression of campground management was not good. The guy in the office sent us to a site that wasn’t vacant. However, we did end up in a better site.
- We couldn’t use the 50A service at out site because one of the power legs was out. So 30A it was.
- Even though our site was right across from the clubhouse, our view was still very good.
- Our campground neighbor’s car alarm (?) went off several times during our first nice.
- Cell coverage: Verizon 3G speeds
One Comment Post a comment
Are you there yet..? or did you decide to just hang out at Castle Rock?? 😉
Let the Fun Begin! How was your Mardi Gras celebration?