Skip to content

Archive for

Open House & Packed Campground

Wall-To-Wall RVers (click on photo to enlarge)

We held our first open house for our Park Model this Sunday and it went off ok. Had about a dozen or so couples take a tour and a few seemed pretty interested. We’ll see. The weather forecast said high winds with 50 mph gusts, but that didn’t happen. It was a beautiful day.

Meanwhile, back in the Crazy Horse Campground, it was crowded as hell this weekend . . . there was an Airstream Rally plus the annual Western Pyrotechnics Association fireworks.

They’re So Bright, You Can See Them from Space


Even tent campers !!!

Fixin’ Stuff

Wall-To-Wall RVs (click on photo to enlarge)

It’s February and Crazy Horse Campground is full of snow birds.

For the last month or so, I’ve been fixing things in our RV. Oh joy. Here’s what I’ve been up to . . .


The bathroom sink caulk needed replacing, so I did:

Fresh Caulk – nothing prettier



“Tom, why is our water green?”

So I checked the filters in our motorhome’s water compartment, and sure enough, there was a definite green tint in our sediment filter. Mmmmm . . . I had a bad feeling about this.

To check my suspicions, a used a couple of cotton swabs and wiped the inside of my water hose . . .

It’s green


Next, I cut off a small length of water hose and sliced it open . . .

It’s Algae

We probably picked up the algae while we were on the road last Summer. Ugh.

There’s no easy way to get rid of it, so I ended up replacing our 35-foot water hose and nuking our RV plumbing with a heavy doses of bleach. Fingers crossed.



While we were traveling last Summer, I noticed that one of our holding tank gate valves was leaking. So I ended up replacing both the gray tank and black tank gate valves . . .

Water Compartment


This slideshow requires JavaScript.



About 5 years ago, I did some repairs on our RV’s roof and put down some Eternabond tape along the roof seams.

Eternabond Tape

However, after 5 years under the SouthWest sun, the tape was beginning to deteriorate . . .

Failing Tape

Sooooooo, I had to remove the old tape and then apply the new tape — a slow, fairly arduous job. First, a heat gun is used to heat up the old tape. Then it’s slowly pulled off . . . and the tape adhesive is stickier than hell. This took a little over a month.



There are several “little” chores left, but the big stuff is dome.