Before starting our full-time adventure, there were a number of things we thought should be done to our motorhome:
- AV System — big screen TV, 5.1 sound, I wanted it all . . .
- Color Backup Camera Install — When B&W will just not do . . .
- Computer Desk — if you can’t have a Man Cave . . .
- Doorbell (Wireless with Video) — Nerdy, but great for bumps in the night . . .
- Fiberglass Roof Repair — scraping, glueing, taping . . . repeat
- Fridge Fans — or the Quest for Hard Ice Cream
- Fridge Thermistor Upgrade — or the Quest for Hard Ice Cream (Part II)
- Magnum Inverter — Plug-and-Play replacement for a Freedom 485
- New Water Pump — Remco Aquajet RV water pump install
- Norcold Basement Fridge — fridge Plan B
- Residential Refrigerator Upgrade — finally, a real refrigerator
- Sewing Desk — Woman Cave
- Solar Panels — electric power Plan B
- Wall Tiling — just say no to wall mirrors
- Water Filtration System — Why? 1993 Milwaukee Cryptosporidiosis outbreak
4 Comments Post a comment
Please point me in a direction if you would be so kind.
Converted my Traveler to Dish. Purchased & installed the Hopper 3, DPH42 & Hybrid Node per the latest diagram. Turned everything on and the dish Install-Test Installation stalls at “Acquiring Satellite Signals”. The Winegard screen shows LG Dish 1000 *119 *110 *129.
Dish Outdoor (PACE Ind) says Hopper 3 won’t work with Traveler. Outdoor Dish can’t help with Hoppers because they’re not trained on them. Working with Dish Residental and they want to send a tech out to check the dish. Bet they won’t be any help with the Winegard.
When you say “converted my Travler to Dish”, what do you mean?
Find a local installer, because Dish Outdoor is over their head. You can use an off-the-shelf Travler as long as you also use a DPH42 switch like so:
Hopper 3 & Winegard Travler
I found the issue. The power inserter is shown wired backwards on the diagram. The DPH42 Install Manual shows it right. Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll fix it.