Other useful links:
- DISH TV for RVs — network diagrams for single- or multiple-TV DISH installations.
- DISH Pro Hybrid Winegard Travler Upgrade — upgrading a Travler so it works with a Hopper 3.
- Hopper 3 & the Winegard Travler — getting a Hopper 3 to work with an upgraded Travler.
The Winegard Travler has to be one of the most influential RV technologies.
Using a rooftop automatic Travler, an RVer can duplicate almost any stick & brick satellite TV installation in his or her RV. For example, a multiple TV Whole House (or RV) DVR system like a DISH Hopper or a DirecTV Genie could be set up.
Though a Travler is fairly heavy and takes up a fair amount of roof space, it can be a DIY installation if you’re handy and not infirm.
I’ve installed two DISH Travlers and offer the following advice:
- Use a lot of Dicor Lap Sealant
- Purchase the optional Mounting Plate (SKA-008)
- Run all three RG6 lines (labelled A, B, and C on the Travler) into the RV
- Cover cable runs with Eternabond tape