It’s been almost 5 months since my last solar update and a lot has happened.
Here’s what transpired visually . . .
I installed the inverter over several days and finished this morning. With temperatures in the high 90s the last month, it’s only been possible to work in the early morning.
The solar panels and other equipment will be purchased in September and October as it’s too hot to do anything now. So the next solar project update will probably be in November.
The new battery box, AC and DC wiring, and new batteries were installed over March and April.
Running 50A AC lines from and back into the RV’s AC breaker panel proved to be a challenge.
The Victron MultiPlus II inverter/charger was the latest equipment as the new batteries and wiring had to be completed first.
Victron equipment is very good. Well designed, very functional, and pricey. The MultiPlus II is no exception, but OMG it’s heavy (50 pounds) that had to lifted onto a metal hanger – that you can’t see as you lift.
There are many, many, many settings available on Victron equipment. For the most part, it is seamlessly handled automatically. However, there are (and continue to be) several “gotchas” that I discovered during MultiPlus II installation process. (The current one is “Storage” mode shown below.) But no game stoppers.