We took our 2001 SeaView out today in order to prepare it for our first camping trip of the season. Actually, it’s a shakedown outing before our upcoming summer trip.
Anyway, I was running water in the kitchen sink when I noticed water collecting in a basement compartment right below the sink. Great. At first I thought a water line had broken, but it turned out to be the “flexible” kitchen sink drain line. After over 20 years, it’s flexible days ended today.
The connection between the flexible drain line and the lower drain snapped. I’m not the slightest bit surprised as this line has been moving in and out for 22 years.
This was the quick fix . . .
Next step –– replace that white pipe with something more flexible.
Because I used polyester resin, I could keep adding layers of fiberglass with “laminating” polyester resin without needing to sand between each layer. However, the last layer needed to be sealed with either a “finishing” polyester resin or Gelcoat with wax. I used the Gelcoat.
Laying down all the fiberglass layers took a few days. At most, I could apply two layers a day.
The fiberglass layers ended up with plenty of bumps and rough edges so sanding was necessary to flatten the surface . . .