(1) Trying to Keep Cool. It’s been a hot week. A friend of ours who has lived in Mariposa several years said she has never seen it this hot so soon. Great.
(2) Painting the House. This has been going on for a few months as we’re trying to do it “right” — washing, scraping, priming, and painting two coats of the final color. As of today we have 3 sides down with the area under the garage the last to go.
(3) Getting Driver’s License. After we sold the RV, there was no need for Jan to get a Class B RV license (a real PITA). So here’s Jan with her Class C license:
(4) Gave Flirt a Summer Cut for those hot days ahead.
(5) Home Improvement Stuff.
(6) Looking for a New RV. Well, actually a used Class C motorhome in the under 30-foot range. Almost as soon as we sold our Newmar RV, we started missing RVing. So . . . we’ll probably buy a used one early next year . . . along the lines of this 26-foot 2004 Majestic Class C:
During that time we only had about a dozen inquiries and only two couples stopped by — one a looky loo and the other a young Silicon Valley couple who examined our RV for about 3 hours and took dozens of photos. Neither of these two resulted in a sale.
Then about a week ago Jan put an ad for our Newmar on Facebook Marketplace in a few cities in our area. That did the trick. Last Saturday we accepted an offer from a Citrus Heights couple. On Sunday they arrived with a bag full of cash, then drove off into the sunset (literally) with their Newmar.
C’est la vie.
We feel bittersweet as the sale marks the end of an era with us. We bought our Newmar in 2010 and have tons of memories in that RV. However, the sale allows us to pay off our manufactured home mortgage and then some. So that’s good.
We still plan to travel, but differently. I’d like to take a few train trips and Jan wants to fly.
I think we’ll still keep this blog going . . . just with a different focus. See you soon.